Montana Car Accident Lawyers
Serving Montana, North Dakota & Oregon
Have you been injured in a car accident in Montana, North Dakota, or Oregon? Do not rely on insurance companies to help you recover fair compensation. Let the experienced attorneys at Bliven Law Firm, P.C. help you obtain full, fair, and prompt compensation. Backed by more than 25 years of personal injury practice, our Montana car accident attorneys work hard to ensure the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Motor vehicle accidents can cause serious and lasting injuries. On top of this, debt can pile up if you have to take time off work to nurse these injuries. Additionally, medical expenses incurred from the accident will add another strain on your financial burden. Our legal team understands the full weight of these concerns. That is why we work hard to help you obtain advanced medical settlements, as well as other forms of compensation.
Common Causes of Montana Car Accidents
Auto accidents involving two or more vehicles often occur due to negligence. Negligent driving consists of any sort of reckless behavior taken while operating a motor vehicle. When a driver’s negligent actions are the cause of an accident, he or she can be legally liable for damages.
The most common forms of negligent driving involve:
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or other controlled substances
- Failing to drive with appropriate caution given dangerous weather conditions
- Breaking traffic rules, signs, or signals
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Driving while distracted, such as when texting or otherwise using a cell phone
Steps You Should Take After a Car Accident
After a car crash, first, assess yourself and any other passengers for serious injuries that may need immediate attention. Then call the police and, if needed, request medical emergency responders. When the police arrive, you will want to comply with their requests and answer their questions. You need not discuss fault with the police; just give them the facts about what happened. Later, you will want to obtain a copy of the official police report for your records.
Our Montana car accident lawyers also recommend that you collect evidence at the scene of the crash. This evidence can include:
- Photos of the vehicles
- Photos of your injuries
- Documenting the point of contact
- Documenting the resultant damages
If any eyewitnesses are available, collect their contact information and make sure they give their account of the event to the police. You will also want to exchange contact information with the other driver before you leave the scene. Gathering this information will help you later if you decide to pursue a claim.
Should I Go to the Hospital After a Car Accident?
It is important to seek out medical attention as soon as you can. This is true even if you initially appear to be unharmed. Often, the adrenaline from being in a crash will prevent you from noticing injuries or pain. At the same time, many car accident injuries do not appear right away. Instead, symptoms will develop days or weeks later. However, a medical professional will be able to spot these injuries in an examination. Keep track of your medical records after a crash and during any treatments you undergo.
Types of Car Accidents
Initial information that your attorney will want to know is how your car accident happened. These are extremely important to your case. At Bliven Law Firm, P.C. we know not to tackle every car accident the same. Rear-end accidents often require different levels of investigation than head-on collisions. In addition, head-on collisions often result in more serious injuries than side-swipe car crashes. This means that the type of car accident that caused your injuries is a significant matter.
In general, five types of traffic collisions that can occur include:
- Rear-end accidents. These car accidents most frequently occur at traffic lights and stop signs. When drivers are distracted or are not paying attention, they can run into the driver in front of them. Rear-end accidents can cause significant injury to the head and neck as well as soft tissues in the body.
- Head-on collisions. These are some of the most serious of all accidents. Head-on collisions often cause severe and life-threatening injuries and fatalities. Head-on collision accident victims often require significant compensation to help them get back on their feet again.
- Side-impact or T-bone crashes. This type of car accident often leads to life-threatening injuries. This is because the side of the vehicle is not designed to withstand high accident forces. When a car hits the side of another car, the driver and passengers are less protected from harm.
- Side-swipe accidents. Side-swipe accidents occur on highways and freeways when one car attempts to change lanes and runs into the car next to them. These accidents may or may not result in serious injury. However, side-swipe accidents can result in a car being pushed off the road and into a guardrail or oncoming traffic.
- Hit and run accidents. All drivers must stay at the scene of an accident that causes injury and damage. When a driver leaves the scene of the crash, they are guilty of committing a crime. While the police attempt to track down the hit and run driver, you will need an attorney looking out for you and your interests.
Call (406) 625-0100 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation about your auto accident injuries today.
If you suffer injuries from a car accident, our Montana car accident lawyers can advise you on your legal options. One of these options may include pursuing a personal injury case for damages. Depending on the particulars of your case, these damages might include:
- Property damages
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
However, Montana is a comparative fault state. This means that the state recognizes that collisions can occur due to negligence by both parties making both drivers share the fault. Shared fault will affect the amount of damages awarded to your injury case. Our team can help you build the strongest case with this comparative fault law in mind.
Call Our Car Law Firm in Montana today!
Our goal is to help you obtain maximum compensation and settlement for your injuries. Without a lawyer on your side, you put full and fair compensation for your injuries and damages at risk. We are familiar with the tactics insurance companies use to low-ball settlement offers. However, after 25 years of practice, we also understand insurance law and how to use it to your benefit. This is how we have been able to secure millions for our clients since our inception.
Handling the Details, So You Can Recover
If you can’t come to our office to discuss your claims due to injury or grief, we offer hospital and home visits. Weekend and evening appointments are available.
Providing Answers & SolutionsTaking on the legal system can seem overwhelming without prior knowledge or experience. Our Montana personal injury lawyers understand that this situation is not easy. That is why we dedicate our practice to helping those injured in various types of accidents.
Customized Legal StrategiesAll of the legal professionals at Bliven Law Firm, P.C. understand that each injured victim has a unique situation. We work hard to obtain advance settlements for medical treatment and lost wages before the final settlement.
Dedicated & Experienced CounselBliven Law Firm has been serving the injured individuals throughout Montana, Oregon, and North Dakota for over 25 years. We have the tools, experience, and resources to effectively advocate on your behalf.
Restore Your Life
Our team is dedicated to helping you get back on your feet after an injury.Contact Us Today
Start Getting Answers
After an injury things can seem scary. Let our team start providing you with the answers you need to get better.Review Our FAQs
Hear From Past Clients
Our team is committed to providing the highest quality legal service.Explore Our Reviews