September 23, 2011 – M & P Food Productions, LTD. of Brooklyn, NY is recalling several varieties of Vareniki/Dumplings because it was discovered that the products contain undeclared Milk and Wheat, therefore posing a potential health hazard. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to these allergens run the risk of illness or serious or potentially fatal allergic reactions if they consume these products.
The ingredients statement of the products did not declare the presence of milk or wheat. As a result, we are recalling all of the products listed below with “BEST BEFORE SEP 19 2011″ through “BEST BEFORE MAR 19 2012” from the market:
- Bapehuku Dupling brand Vareniki cabbage, NET WT. 14 oz., UPC 7 07163 02619 8;
- Bapehuku Dupling brand Vareniki potato & onion, NET WT. 14 oz., UPC 7 0 7163 02616 7;
- Bapehuku Dupling brand Vareniki potato & mushroom, NET WT. 14 oz., UPC 7 07163 02617 4;
- Bapehuku Dupling brand Vareniki farmer cheese, NET WT. 14 oz., UPC 7 0716 302618 1;
- Bapehuku Dupling brand Vareniki sour cherry, NET WT. 14 oz., UPC 7 07163 02615 0.
The products were distributed to retail stores in New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, New Jersey, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
For more information click HERE
If you or someone you know has become ill or sick as a result of consuming Vareniki Dumplings or other food products, contact the attorneys of Bliven Law Firm, P.C. for a free case evaluation.