If you suffered an injury in a car accident in Montana, you may not know where to turn to get the answers you need. Before you make a mistake that could jeopardize your case, it is important to speak to an experienced car accident attorney. Your lawyer will review your case and help you determine the best course of legal action.
One of the first things your attorney will want to know is how your car accident happened. After all, the details of your accident are extremely important to your case. An experienced car accident lawyer knows not to tackle every car accident the same. Rear-end accidents often require different levels of investigation than head-on collisions. In addition, head-on collisions often result in more serious injuries than side-swipe car crashes. As such, the type of car accident you suffered an injury in matters.
Types of Car Accidents in Montana
In general, there are 5 types of car accidents that can occur:
- Rear-end accidents. These car accidents most frequently occur at traffic lights and stop signs. When drivers drive distracted or are not paying attention, they can run into the driver in front of them. Rear-end accidents can cause significant injury to the head and neck, as well as soft tissues in the body.
- Head-on collisions. These are some of the most serious of all accidents. Head-on collisions often cause severe and life-threatening injuries and fatalities. Head-on collision accident victims often require significant compensation to help them get back on their feet again.
- Side-impact or T-bone crashes. This type of car accident often leads to life-threatening injuries. This is because the side of the vehicle is not designed to withstand high accident forces. When a car hits the side of another car, the driver and passengers are less protected from harm.
- Side-swipe accidents. Side-swipe accidents occur on highways and freeways when one car attempts to change lanes and runs into the car next to them. These accidents do not always result in serious injury, but they can. Sideswipe accidents can result in a car being pushed off the road and into a guardrail or into oncoming traffic.
- Hit and run accidents. All drivers must stay at the scene of an accident that causes injury and damage. When a driver leaves the scene of the crash, they are guilty of committing a crime. While the police attempt to track down the hit and run driver, you will need an attorney looking out for you and your interests.
An experienced car accident attorney can help you obtain the maximum compensation and settlement for your injuries. Without a lawyer on your side, you might not receive the money you need to pay for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage.
Getting Help From Our Montana Car Accident Lawyers Today
The Montana car accident lawyers at Bliven Law Firm, P.C. represent individuals who have suffered injuries in car accidents across the state. We know the tricks and tactics insurance companies use to reduce their claims. We work quickly to make sure our clients get the compensation they need and deserve. Contact our firm today for a free case evaluation by calling (406) 407-9099.